Genova, ancient Maritime Republic, is a fascinating city, very important to the trade in the Mediterranean Sea thanks to its position. The harbor has been expanded, while the old one has a purely touristic function.
Moreover, Genova is well-connected both by land and by plane, thanks to the railway stations and the airport.
In this article, you will find a guide on how to reach Genova, a list of flights and trains for the city from the main Italian and European centers.
Flights to Genova
The Genova airport is not that far from the center and it welcomes flights from the main European cities. It's also well connected to the center and the poles surrounding the city.
Below, you will find a list of direct flights to Genova from the main European cities:
- Barcelona - Genova: direct flight 1h 35min
- Amsterdam - Genova: direct flight, 1h 45min
- London Stansted - Genova: direct flight, 2h
- Frankfurt - Genova: direct flight, 1h 15min
Those listed above are the direct flights from the main airports in Europe, but there are also some from the other cities.
Trains to Genova
Genova is one of the biggest cities in Northern Italy, and it's well connected to the other centers. The main station in Genova is the one in Piazza Principe, from which leave and arrive trains, both regional and national ones. If you're already in Italy and you wish to visit Genova, the train can be a really good option to get there.
Below, you can find a list of direct trains to Genova, leaving from the main Italian cities:
- Torino Porta Nuova - Genova: direct train, 2h
- Milano Centrale - Genova: direct train, 1h 40min
- Venezia S.Lucia - Genova: direct train, 3h 55min
- Firenze SMN - Genova: direct train, 3h
- Roma Termini - Genova: direct train, 3h
- Napoli Centrale - Genova: direct train, 6h
- Bologna Centrale - Genova: direct train, 3h
Those listed above are the direct trains to Genova from the main Italian cities, but there are also some from the surrounding towns.
July 26th, 2021